Welcome to the endless possibilities of 2018, we are working overtime in the vineyard to look after those big beautiful bunches that are going to make some pretty spectacular wine this year and we are working hard on finding some pretty innovative ways to thank you for being part of what we do… can’t wait for this year!!
This quote from Nanea Hoffman (of IG sweatpantsandcoffee fame) has just about summed it up – what will you keep, treasure, ditch and embrace this year?
NOTE TO SELF:
Keep the lessons.
Treasure the love and laughs.
Ditch the stuff that doesn’t serve you.
Embrace the adventures yet to come.
We don’t know about you… but summer days leaves us feeling a little more adventurous about what we are serving up on the deck or at the beach for the perfect evening with friends. Check out this beautiful recipe that we are literally addicted to this summer… and to complete, serve with a chilled glass of BAIE Pinot Gris (6 or 12packs available here) for dining perfection. Enjoy.
SWEET N SPICY SRIRACHA GLAZED SALMON
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 salmon fillet, cut into 200g pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions, for garnish
- In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, Sriracha, ginger, and garlic. Add the salmon, toss to coat evenly, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours, turning the fish once.
- Remove the salmon from the bag, reserving the marinade. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. Rotate the pan to coat the bottom evenly and add the salmon. Cook until one side of the fish is browned, about 2 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook until the other side browns, 2 more minutes. Reduce the heat to low and pour in the reserved marinade. Cover and cook until the fish is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place a piece of salmon on each of 4 serving plates and sprinkle with the scallions.
(SERVES 4 – CHECK OUT https://www.epicurious.com/cookbooks/the-skinnytaste-cookbook FOR MORE DETAILS)
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT BAIE
Just so you know where our busy little BAIE team will be we’ve got some exciting events on the horizon.
‘SUMMERTIME WITH BAIE’ COMPETITION
Its summer and we hope you are loving long summer days on the deck or at the beach with friends – but we’ve got something to GIVE AWAY that’s going to take your Australia Day sipping to the next level – a BAIE ROSE’ APEROL SPRITZ KIT. This includes everything you need to make your very own – 1 Bottle BAIE Rosé, 1 Bottle Aperol, 1 Bottle Sparkling Rosé, Copper Bar Spoon, Copper Jigger, Ice Ball Mould (valued at over $150).
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS: Jump onto our Facebook page to enter here
GEELONG HERITAGE WINE WALK
The Geelong Heritage Wine Walk is back again for the ultimate cellar door experience! 7 premier venues in Geelong CBD will open their doors to feature exceptional wines from Victoria’s finest wineries! SATURDAY 10TH FEBRUARY 2018 11AM – 5PM. Tickets $110 (+ bf) includes entry to all 7 venues, wine tasting of over 20 prestigious wineries, and canapes to match at each venue.
ALL PROFITS FROM THIS EVENT WILL GO THE APCO FOUNDATION PTY LTD.
Click here for more information or to book.
We will be pouring a selection of Wines from the Geelong Hotel, and can’t wait for what is sure to be a sold out, wonderful wine and food event for a great cause!!
Summertime Cheers – Nadine and Simon X