BAIE Wines ‘Be The One’ Competition
These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over only.
- The competition commences at 10pm AEST Sunday 6th March 2022 and closes at 11:59pm AEST Thursday 24th March 2022.
- The competition will run on Facebook and Instagram. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Instagram
- To enter the competition and to be eligible to win the prize, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period: follow BAIE WINES on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/baiewines) AND/OR @baiewines on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/baiewines), comment on the Facebook post in the comments (or on the same post on Instagram), telling BAIE Wines how someone has shown you a random act of kindness OR send us a video of your story of kindness via a private message by 11.59PM AEST Thursday 24th March.
- Entry to the competition is possible on both social media platforms. Each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Directors, officers, management, employees and immediate family of the BAIE WINES are not permitted to enter the competition.
- The prize consists of 6 bottles of mixed BAIE Wines delivered monthly for 12 months commencing April 2022-March 2023 inclusive.
- Total Prize value is AUD $1800 (not including postage).
- The wine prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
Award of Prize
- The 1 winning entrant (our favourite story) will be selected by BAIE WINES on Friday 25th March 2022.
- The winners will be notified by the BAIE WINES via direct message (DM) on the respective social media platform that the entrant has entered the competition.
- The winner must supply proof of age and provide address details for the purpose of postage.
- Once the winner has accepted the prize and produced proof of age, BAIE WINES will announce prize recipients on its social pages, with their name or username to be published to Facebook and Instagram Stories for a period of 24 hours.
- The winning prize will be sent to the winner via post direct to the nominated address.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, BAIE WINES reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- If the prize has not been accepted or claimed by Thursday 31st March 2022 at 10am AEST or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can’t contact the drawn winner (or the drawn winner does not contact the Promoter) by this time and date, the relevant entry will be discarded and the Promoter will re-award the prize to Reserve Entrant/s and/or carry out an unclaimed prize draw at 10am AEST Friday 1st April 2022 at the same location as the original draw to distribute the prize.
The Promoter is BAIE WINES (ABN 85883833630), 120 MC DERMOTT RD CURLEWIS 3222
- If you are a winner, you (and your companions) must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You (and your companions) consent to the Promoter using your names and images in any promotional or advertising activity.
- If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions including if you are unable to take the prize on the dates specified by the Promoter, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate. You are responsible for your companions and the Promoter may disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, you or any of your companions if they breach these conditions, whether or not legally bound by them.
- If you (or your companions, if applicable), in the opinion of the Promoter (and/or a medical professional, as required), are intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behave aggressively or offensively, or behave in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate, the Promoter may cancel the prize or restrict you (and your companions) from participating in any elements of the prize, at its discretion.
- The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
- By accepting or participating in any prize, your companions accept these Terms and Conditions.
- If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Enjoy alcohol responsibly. Consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol – see: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/publications/synopses/ds10-alcohol.pdf. See also the NSW Liquor Competition Guidelines and Intoxication Guidelines at http://www.olgr.nsw.gov.au/dlg_guidelines.asp. Your participation in this competition is subject to each Outlet’s liquor serving policy.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of the prize.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook or Instagram. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
Collection and use of your personal information
- The information you and your companion provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Promoter may collect your (and your companions’) personal information (including through its contractors or agents) or disclose your (and your companions’) personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with you (and your companions). You can update your personal information or request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you by contacting the Promoter.